Chilli Soya Nuggets (Meal Maker)

Soya chunks are made from soy beans and they work well as meat substitutes.
These come in the form of regular chunks, mini chunks and granules, and can be used in many ways. The nutritional value is similar to meat in some areas and different in others.
For the first time I had these in my hostel and it was horrible. I developed a server dislike for this great product. Even though loves these and kept asking me over the years to prepare some for him, I kept putting it off.
But now that I am preggo with higher glucose level, I am trying to figure out foods that are high in protein and good for me and my baby. 
So decided to give these another chance.

Ingredients:
  1. Soya Chunks – 1 cup
  2. Green chilli – 3
  3. Dry red chilly-2
  4. Ginger-garlic -1 tbsp(chopped finely)
  5. Onion-1 big (cubed)
  6. Green capsicum-1 (cubed)
  7. Soya sauce- 1/2 tbsp
  8. Hot chilly sauce -1 tbsp
  9. Tomato sauce –1 tbsp
  10. Oil – 1 tbsp (preferable Olive oil)


Procedure:
Soak the chunks for 30 mins.
In the morning squeeze the water and  add hot water into it.
Keep it for 15 minutes and drain the water and squeeze.
Again do the same for 3-4 times ..We are doing to remove the smell.
If using bigger chunks cut each squeezed waterless soya chunk into 2  and keep aside else use as it is.
Now heat oil in a pan and add chopped ginger-garlic.
Saute for 1 minute in low flame.
Add dry chilly pieces and saute.
Add onion in to this and saute for another 2 minutes.
Then add capsicum and green chilly slits and saute .
Now add soya chunks and saute for 5 minutes .
Add soya sauce,chilly sauce and tomato sauce .
Mix well.
Close the pan and cook for another 15 minutes in low flame .
No need to add salt coz soya sauce is having enough salt ..U can increase or decrease the amount of chilly and tomato sauce .
So the simple and tasty chilly soya is ready to serve .
Serve with chapathi or any best combination.

Using less oil gives me a peace of mind that I am cutting down somewhere, as the masala curries generally take little extra oil and spices.
I hope as goes well.
Till then Happy Blogging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)