Samosa Chaat

When I think about what diwali meant to me as a kid, the things that I can think of are loads of lights, crackers, beautiful rangoli, at that time it was just something that would come in our way when we would be running around the house, and yah the variety of food laid out on the table starting from variety of sweets, snacks , chaats, the list goes on.
The funny part was my mom would spend the whole day  preparing stuff that she would end up sending to our neighbors and in return they would get us there version of the same food. I was never a huge fan of this tradition as all the delicious things my mom would  have prepared would be gone and we would end of other peoples food and as a kid I was very particular about whose kitchen the food came food.
You won't belive this but till this day I really don't like kheer prepared by anybody other than my mom or me not even my mom-in-law !!!!!

Now that I have my own family and friends I realize its important to start your own traditions. Rather than keep sending back and forth between friends and neighbors its better to have a potluck where every body gets something and everybody gets to pick what they like to eat and of-course you  spend a great time with your friends and family.

So here is a recipe that you can prepare for one such occasion and believe me everybody would enjoy.

Ingredients:
  1. Samosa: 2 per person.
  2. Ghuguni: 1/4 cup per person.
  3. Green Chutney: 1/2 cup
  4. Tamarind Chutney: 1/2 cup
  5. Yogurt: 1/2 cup lightly sweeten 
  6. Onion: 1 medium finely chopped
  7. Green Chilli: 4-5 finely chopped
  8. Tomato : 1 large finely chopped
  9. Cilantro: 1/2 cup finely chopped
  10. Chaat masala: a pinch per person
  11. Sev: 1 cup 
Procedure:
Crush the samosa lightly and keep them in a serving plate.
Pour the ghuguni on top of samosa.
Add 1tbsp of chopped onion , green chilli and chopped tomato and sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
Add green chutney, tamarind chutney and yogurt as per taste.
Top it with sev and cilantro and serve.

You can arrange all the ingredients on the table as a platter and people can mix and match as per their preference.
Also if you feel making samosa is great deal buy the frozen ones from Costco and serve ( its not the best but its a quick solution).
You can use chole or channa gravy instead of ghuguni as well.
So this diwali have some fun while relishing your favorite flavors.
Be safe and have loads of fun.
Till then Happy Blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)