Egg Pakoda

As a kid me and my brother were bribed by my Dad with kiss-me bar chocolates during our exams. I guess it was my Dad's way of making us forget about the exam jitters and rather be excited about it. As we grew the kiss-me bar chocolates were replaced with different kind of favors, for my brother they used to be new pens, bubble gums and for me it used to be street food mostly samosa, vegetables cutlets or egg pakoda. 


Till date if I have an exam or interview to attend I try to treat my self with something or other. The only drawback now-a-days is I have to prepare it myself rather than dad getting it in paper packs.


So I had a mid term this week so I prepared egg pakoda to treat myself and give a taste of my childhood to Tanmaya.


Ingredients:

  1. Egg: 2 boiled
  2. Potato: 1 medium boiled
  3. Egg: 1 ( for egg wash)
  4. Salt : as per taste
  5. Red chilli: 2-3
  6. Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
  7. Bread crumbs: 1/2 cup (I used italian flavored bread crumbs)
  8. Oil: to deep fry



Procedure:


Dry fry the red chilli and cumin seeds and make a fine powder with it.
Mash the boiled potatoes and add salt and red chilli and cumin powder as per your taste. Make a smooth mashed potato.
Heat oil for deep frying.
Peel the boiled eggs and cover then with mashed potato mix.
Dip it in egg wash and roll it in the bread crumbs. Coat  it well and fry it in the oil till turns golden brown.




Serve it hot with tomato sauce, sweet chutney or relish as an appetizer with some green salad like Tanmaya ;). 




Either ways have fun.


Till then happy blogging.


Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)