Greek Zucchini Fitters


The zucchini (also courgette) is a summer squash which often grows to nearly a meter in length, but which is usually harvested at half that size or less. It is a hybrid of the cucumber. Zucchini can be dark or light green. A related hybrid, the golden zucchini is a deep yellow or orange color.
In a culinary context, the zucchini is treated as a vegetable , which means it is usually cooked and presented as a savory dish or accompaniment. 
Its not used that often in Indian cooking so I was not sure when Tanmaya suggested we try some. So here is what I made.

Ingredients:
  1. Zucchini : 2 cups grated
  2. Fresh Mint: handful Chopped 
  3. Green Onions: 2 chopped
  4. Feta: 1/4 cup
  5. Egg: 1
  6. Wheat Flour: 1/2 cup
  7. Salt : as per taste
  8. Pepper: as per taste
  9. Olive oil: 2 tbsp
  10. Oil : for frying


Procedure:

 Mix the zucchini, mint, green onion, feta, flour, egg, salt, olive oil and pepper in a bowl.
Heat the oil in a pan.
Spoon the zucchini mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.



Serve it with yummy tzatziki and enjoy.

It is a great tea time snack.

Till then happy blogging
Rakhee

Comments

  1. Hi rakhee, this is prathyusha. I love Mediterranean cuisine but too lazy to try out. Your dish is compelling me to try it on satish ;) quick questions – when you say feta, do you mean feta cheese? And I believe you have to use whole egg right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prathyusha,

      thanks for your comment, it made me realize I have to be little more clear about what I mention.

      Yap I meant feta cheese and whole egg....... I hope he likes it :)

      Is he back yet?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)