Aloo Capsicum

Aloo Capsicum is one the popular north Indian dishes. Unfortunately till date there is only one person's aloo capsicum I really loved and that is my friend Bhagya's. Back in good old HCL days we used to work together and she would bring this yummy dish and even though I am not a capsicum fan I would hog it down :)....

I tried to make this dish but could not achieve what she used to. I hope she reads this one and lets me know how she used to do it :)

Ingredients:

  1. Capsium : 2 large chopped
  2. Potato: 1 large chopped
  3. Tomato: 1 medium chopped
  4. Onion: 1 large chopped
  5. Peas: 1/4 cup
  6. Chilli Powder: 1/2 tsp
  7. Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
  8. Mustard Seeds: 1/4 tsp
  9. Shahi Zeera: 1/4tsp
  10. OIl: 3tsp
  11. Coriander leaves for garnish
  12. Salt : as per taste

Procedure:

In a pan heat oil and add shahi zeera and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds stop spluttering add the potatoes. Cook till the potatoes are tender.
Add the green peas and cook with the cover for 3-4 minutes
Add the turmeric powder and capsicum. After a couple of minutes add the chopped onions.
toss it well an add tomatoes, reds chilli powder and salt. Stir well and cook on low heat till the vegetables are done.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot chapati or paratha..


It was not Bhagya's but Tanmaya loved it.

Hope you also enjoy it.
Do let me know.
Till then Happy Blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)